With their rugged yet classy styling, durability and precision time keeping, Audemars Piguet watches have carved a niche for themselves in the world of luxury time pieces. One of their most popular watch models is the Royal Oak Chronograph.
The Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph is designed with a sleek steel case, trademark tapisserie-patterned dial, octagonal bezel and integrated bracelet. All of these hallmark features give this wristwatch a distinctive look that has made it so popular all over the world.
As with all things that are in such great demand, there are plenty of Audemars Piguet Royal Oak replica watches being sold at much lower prices. This is great news for AP loyalists who would love to own a Royal Oak but cannot afford the steep price of the original.
However, if you are looking for an original, you need to be extra careful. Earlier Audemars Piguet Royal Oak replica watches were quite shoddily made and even an amateur could spot an imitation immediately.
Today, that has changed. Technological advancements have allowed spurious manufacturers to improve their processes and many of the fake timepieces that are being sold are more difficult to spot. It would take a close look and an expert eye to identify a counterfeit.
So it is possible to spot an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak replica? Yes it is. The company uses state of the art manufacturing equipment, highly advanced processes and expert watch makers. All of these require a huge investment of money, which replica manufacturers cannot afford. They make do with substandard equipment, which shows up in the results. No matter how much they try, they can never match the high standards of a genuine Royal Oak Chronograph.
Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Diamond
Here are a few things that differentiate an authentic watch from a fake:
1. The original Royal Oak Chronograph has a slim, sleek case whereas in the imitation watches, the case tends to be much thicker.
2. The black dial on the original has metal surrounds on the numerals. This is missing in the replica.
3. Look closely at the cylops. Is it dead centre over the date window and can you read the date properly? Replica manufacturers find it challenging to imitate this precise positioning. In most cases the date window is placed a little too far on the right side and the numerals appear either too large or too small through the Cyclops.
4. The dial in a genuine Royal Oak has a thin layer of luminous phosphorescent solution that causes the watch to glow brightly and consistently. If the lume appears to be of low quality or it is inconsistent, you may be looking at an imitation.
5. Take a look at the pushers. In the original, these rubber pushers have an unusual shape and they are positions above the centre line of the case. In a Audemars Piguet Royal Oak replica, the pushers are shaped differently and they are placed in the direct center of the case.
6. Also check out the watch band and the clasp. In most fake watches, the band will not have that sleek comfortable fit and the clasps are prone to sticking. This would never happen with an original.
To minimize your odds of getting scammed and ending up with an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak replica, it is advisable to always shop with a reputed watch seller who has impeccable credentials and great reviews from their other customers.